Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Holding a baby doll

So I read an article about transition objects, and how you can use them to help your new children attach. So I've been sleeping with or carrying around a baby doll and a stuffed dog for about 3 days now. The thought is that they smell like you, which is a new smell, and then you give them to the child to have in the orphanage, and then by the time they get to leave with you, you don't smell strange any more. Not sure if that really works, but we're giving it a try. Using the word "we" loosely. Greg's only contribution to this idea has been to make fun of me. In love, of course. So as I type this post I have a baby doll in my lap. Strange but true.

3 comments:

kristen said...

I've heard that's a great idea... of course, I wasn't prepared enough and with it enough to get it done before I traveled. Good for you for giving it a try! Thanks for the invitation! Kristen

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

I've heard it works too.. and it definitly makes sense... I say why not!!!
Have a great day!

Kim said...

Hey- I'm very "smell-sensitive" and that sounds like a great idea! I still remember childhood smells like it was yesterday! Thanks for the invite-looking forward to praying for you all as you meet your children! Your son is adorable!