Tuesday, April 29, 2008

INS

So I have an appointment at the INS office in New Orleans in the morning. We originally were only planning to get one child, so we have an I-171H approval for 1 child. Now that we are requesting a sibling group, we need approval for 2 children. I sent in the application to change that about the middle of February, and still haven't heard ANYTHING, not even a notice of them having received it. So I'm a little worried now. So I'm going tomorrow to try to get it done while I am there. Not too likely, but it's worth a shot. Pray. Pray hard...

I remember Kristen saying at the end of her time in Kazakhstan, that she was upset that, at the end, what held her up was our government, not theirs. I kind of understand that feeling now! They have not been easy to work with! Well, I won't gripe about INS anymore--at least not tonight! Now tomorrow may be a whole new set of complaints about them :)

2 comments:

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

We are praying...
please keep us posted...

Jessica and Chris said...

Angie,
we have had quite the run in with INS as well. you have probably gone there by now so i will be interested to hear what you have to say about it. i hope they didn't lose your papers or anything. let us know! hope it all went well...
jessica