Thursday, June 5, 2008

Another Day

Well, we are still here. I have to say I'm feeling a little like groundhog day now. It's so repetitive! We have been going to the babyhouse in the mornings now that they're not letting us go see Julia. We have found out that we will definitely be able to go out there starting Monday and Svetlana is working to get just me to be able to go tomorrow. But we'll see. We have been having good visits with Angelica, though. I'm pretty sure she's going to be a lefty! She's so funny with the markers. She takes one out and colors in the middle of the page, then a little bit in each corner. Then she gets another color and does the same thing. She does this until she has every color on the page, and then she will start to draw other things. It's so funny to watch! She fussed when we told her she had to go back to her group today. But she handed back the books nicely without fussing. I think she's starting to realize that we'll be back and she'll get to play with these toys again. But after we packed the bag back, our translator told her that mama was going to take her back to her group for lunch now, and she started fussing. Not crying exactly, just making fussy, whiny noises. Then she put her head down on my shoulder and held on to me. Aww...

We have finally included pictures of our apartment. After talking to the other families staying here, we are even more happy with our apartment. We apparently are the only ones with A/C. WooHoo!

I walked around a bit by myself this afternoon, which helps me to feel less cabin fever. I was getting stir-crazy. We walk around a bit each day, but we can only go so far before Nicholas starts complaining. His legs are going to fall off, or they did fall off, or his bones in his feet are broken, or his legs are broken or any other crazy extravagant complaint he can come up with. He never does things halfway! I walked quite a ways and found a mall (bought a few toys) and got some fruit at a fruit stand. Our agency suggested not buying fruit unless you can peel it, but it's SO GOOD we can't stop ourselves! Besides, at what point do you just say you're going to have to take your chances? We drink bottled water, but brush our teeth with tap water and wash dishes with tap water. So we really are drinking the water anyway. But we're all ok so far. We always do it in Africa and we have only had a few little stomach upsets in all our trips there. So far here, nothing.

I think we're going to go to a traditional Russian restaurant tonight for dinner. I'm sure Nicholas will "hate" the food and it will make his stomach explode. That's a favorite when we eat out!

Love you all! Have a great day--Angie














5 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! Wish the apt we say in Uralsk had been like that! That is nice for Kaz! So glad for you!
The days do run together and soon you will be home with only great distant memories(as you know)!
She's such a little doll and Nicholas reminds me of my son at that age! So dramatic-actually Drew still is at 11! Have fun and enjoy that A/C!

A said...

haha...i can hear nicholas now...
i miss that kid!
so glad that things are going well with angelica.
still praying for julia :)

A said...

oh my gosh! her smile is so cute in the first picture!!

Jessica and Chris said...

Great pictures! Angelica is so beautiful! That looks like a really nice apartment. I think we are going to try for an apartment and not hotel when we go. I hope that Julia feels better soon!
Jessica

Unknown said...

The apt. looks nice! A/C is a huge plus I'm sure. :) Love the pictures!