Saturday, July 12, 2008

Big Family

Well, as expected, the pace of life has gone way up. It has been hard and fun in rapid succession. One big challenge is that I have a 6 year old who thinks she's Angelica's mommy and a 5 year old and a 2 year old who both think they're the boss. So 2 parents trying to parent 1 mommy and 2 bosses... You can see that conflict is inevitable. :) But 48 hours in, I feel pretty encouraged (that could be because we finally slept past 6:30 this morning!) We are having fun, though. Dinner last night felt pretty normal--it was weird that it felt normal too, if that makes sense. I think it's because it was the first meal that both girls didn't scarf their food down in 4 minutes or less. They just ate like regular kids. I am so happy when I look into their eyes and they just smile at me. I'm also a little scared and overwhelmed, but I think that's natural and inevitable. We're like a blended family now. I didn't realize how strong the bond between the girls would be, so I didn't think of it quite like that before, but now I am realizing that we are actually combining 2 families into 1. So we're all learning. And it's a great adventure...

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Hey Angie! I'm glad that you guys are gaining a sense of normalcy. All of you together make a beautiful family! Just a little bit longer and you will all be home together. I can't wait to see how this adventure continues to unfold for you. Enjoy your last few days there!!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

wow... such an awesome post..
we are so thrilled for you guys.. I'm sure it feels so "unreal" to actually be together as a family... Thank you Jesus!
Have a great last few days... you'll be home in no time!
Love ya
Lanetta

Kim said...

What a great looking "big" family! Hang in there- it won't be much longer until you are all home! Your children are beautiful!

A said...

This is Hannah, Angela's sister. Congratulations! What a beautiful story of a beautiful family coming together by the grace of God. I've read from beginning to end and I'm so blessed by your journey.z

Unknown said...

Sounds like you all are doing great! Hope that your last days there are wonderful as you learn more about each other and being a family. We love you!

Missymarie44 said...

Hey y'all! Just a few more days and y'all will be home! I can't wait to meet the girls. It's so great that things are going well. We love y'all!