Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tickets Home

We have actually got tickets all the way home! We are leaving from Pavlodar in 2 days and will be in Almaty for 5 days. We'll fly on the 26th at 3 am from Almaty to Frankfurt to Houston to Dallas to Shreveport, and get into Shreveport at 8:30 pm, still on the 26th. Talk about a long day!
things are going well here and we're starting to learn each other some. It definitely gets more normal every day. I think about a week ago, when we had only had Angelica for a few hours, and we've come a long way already! Can't wait to get home and see everyone and eat some Buffalo Wild Wings (first stop in Shreveport!) We love you all and will have some great stories to tell of our time here-but right now we need to go eat some lunch!

8 comments:

Kim said...

It is a good feeling to have those tickets isn't it? Praying for safe travels and a good time in Almaty. The people who help in Almaty are nice and really know what they are doing.
Glad to hear it is going well. So happy for you! Ask someone that is meeting you to video you when you get to your home airport. Those will be good memories and I wish I had videoed it! Take care!

A said...

not much longer now.. :)

About Miranda said...

wow!! i went to Mozambique and you had a kid and now I'm back in South Africa and you have two!!! Awesome!!! Hope your journey home goes smooth! I love you guys! Let me know when you're home and sane enough for a phone call. I know it's gonna be crazy hectic for a while, but I'd love to chat.. it's been too long! I love you guys and your whole little/big family! You really are such an encouragement and inspiration to me and everyone around you!! Much much much love!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds great. So do I need to bring the van to Shreveport? Just wondering.

Angela said...

SO excited to hear that you have tickets to come HOME!!! What a great feeling that has to be! Excited for you guys. Love you guys!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

yeah... tickets home!!! Thank you Lord!!!!
so glad you had a chance to post..
we are praying and thinking of you...
yippee!!!!

Tandra said...

please call mom as soon as you can! love ya t

Tracie said...

Woo hoo! Let us know if you need anything in Shreveport, even just a place to crash and rest for a little bit. We'd love to meet you guys! I know you'll be super-tired though, so I totally understand if you just want to get home.