Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Still here...












Hey everyone, it's been a while since our last post. Our internet in our apartment went out, and since we are now spoiled to not having to go to the internet cafe we just waited it out for the most part. It was easier to do without internet for a few days because Julia got to come and spend the weekend with us from Thursday until Monday. We had a blast. There are so many things she's never seen/done. We went to the kid's castle and let her play there and went shopping and baked a cake. she'd never seen anyone cook, or a washing machine; because those things are done in other parts of the orphanage. Her face when she watched the clothes going around in the front-load washer was priceless!!! We also took her to church at the English speaking house church. Obviously she didn't understand any of that! It was a really good 4 days. It was funny--she was like a different child by the last night. I was really sad that we had to take her back, because we were making big steps, both in English and in bonding; but I didn't have much choice and I was reassured by how well she and Nicholas played together and how well we communicated. Also, how quickly she seemed to get comfortable with us. We took her to the babyhouse and had a little reunion with her and Nadia Angelica and I think Julia was upset that she didn't remember her. I keep having to remind myself that these kids are tough--if they weren't, they would not have made it this long in orphanage conditions. But I don't know how long they'll stay tough! The last night Julia stayed with us, she had a bug bite that she had scratched the scab off of. We had been putting medicine and band aids on it for the last few days, but her band aid had come off. Nicholas cut his knee and I made a bit of a fuss over him, getting him a band aid and kissing it etc. All of a sudden she makes this sad face and fake sob/whine sort of noise and shows me her bug bite. Obviously needed some TLC also! So we had to have kisses and band aids for both of them! Not that I mind! As Greg says, if all they need is a little bit of extra fussing over and loving on they made it into the right family with me around! Probably why Nicholas is still a bit whiny for being 5. Oh well, there are worse things! Anyway, all is still looking good and I'm glad to know that we are on the homeward stretch! An update on the family we asked you guys to pray for--they are now through with court and also waiting to be able to take their daughter home. One of the other families is also through, and the last has court on Wednesday. I'm attaching pictures from the museum here in Pavlodar, where they have the bones of a wooly mammoth that they have excavated near here. I also put a couple of me and Nicholas from the river cruise. It looks funner than it was! Also, the first picture I have of all 3 of my kids together. Unfortunately, Greg took the picture, so we don't have a whole family picture yet. Then I'm attaching some from the last night Julia stayed with us. It's pretty easy to see the difference in her face from the earlier orphanage posts and those from that night (and yes she is wearing purple eyeshadow--I've wanted a girly-girl for so long!).
Love you all! Angie

8 comments:

Kim said...

Great pictures! I am truly very happy for you all. Love the eyeshadow too, you deserve to enjoy the girlie things! Enjoy!

Jessica and Chris said...

How sweet! It looked like Julia had a great time. What a beautiful family!
Jessica

A said...

beautiful pictures! makes me tear up a little. can't wait to see ya'll soon :)

Unknown said...

You can see a big difference in Julia's face. She looks very happy! Can't wait to see you all - Less than a month to go!

Unknown said...

I just read your whole blog from the beginning to here. I didn't realize so much had happened, or that you guys were adopting two sisters and one is older than Nicholas! Wow.

Anyway, congratulations and all that stuff.

Pamp, I think if you can get at least one of the girls to be a "Daddy's Girl" then you won't feel so outnumbered. That is, of course until the sweet little girls grow into teenagers. Dude, you'd better find a sanctuary when you have three hormonal women in the house.

Until then, you guys have fun with the tea parties, tents made out of bed sheets, Legos, bicycle rides, pillow fights, etc. ... and G.I. Joe and Barbee accessories all over the place. I'm so jealous.

Love,
Jaime

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

wow... loved the blog.. the pictures.. and all of it.. made me teary eyed... so happy for you guys!!!
You've almost done it!!!!
We are praying you are home safe and sound.. quicker than you'd expect..
glad the weekend was fun!!! how awesome... God is so Good!!!
purple eyeshadow rocks!!!!!

Annie said...

She does look like a different little girl! Remind me to tell you something hilarious Jesse said when we see ya'll.

AngelicaMariel said...

wow i love the pictures! they are best pictures i've ever seen :) i miss you guys and i know that everything is working by God's plan. love you guys!

one last home stretchhhhh...