Monday, May 12, 2008

Busy Busy!

I know I should post more often than I do, but man! Are we busy! Between getting everything ready to go and getting everything ready to be gone, I feel like I'm always running behind. We had been scared that we would be bored during our time in Kaz. since you can only visit the orphanage for a little while each day, but now I think we are excited about the potential for boredom.

I would like to caution everyone that hasn't gone yet--there's a problem with all the packing lists online. After telling you to bring everything you could possibly imagine, they go on to say that you should be careful to pack light! :) What should I do, pack light or bring everything I need? I'm sure no matter which way I go, there'll be things I wish I had and things I wish I didn't have. For anyone who has gone already, any suggestions?

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Angie,
I would check with families who have been to your exact region. I know when I travelled you could get almost everything there, razors, shampoo, soap, toothpaste etc. I would definitely make sure you bring OTC drugs and some prescriptions just in case, and maybe a few snack items but seriously you can get almost everything there. And don't pack a lot of clothes, they wear the same clothes day in and day out :)

sandi

Kim said...

I agree with the above comment. Just be glad you can pack light weight clothes and don't have to worry about sweaters and coats! You can get all personal supplies there. Baby clothes are more expensive there as well as baby supplies. Bring feeding dishes and cups and any snacks you think you'll miss. Baby food, formula, diapers, wipes....it's all there. They didn't have any salty type crackers or peanut butter and we missed that. Seasoning for spaghetti sauce will help too! A big blanket to spread on the visitation room floor is good to have. So excited for you!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

No good advice here... just waiting to hear what you say.. so I'll know what to do... LOL...
We are praying.. and getting so excited for you...
:-)