Monday, May 19, 2008

Final Countown

So, it's like a bunch of lasts now...

Our last week of meals made out of our regular groceries for a while.
Our last trip to wal-mart before we go. (too good to be true?)
Our last movie at the theater as a family of 3. (Prince Caspian--awesome)
The last time I will re-pack that huge blue duffel bag (probably not!)
Last time I'll hang out with my friends for 2 months!

I'm feeling really excited/nervous/stressed right now. And hungry...
Which probably doesn't help.

We leave in 5 days. It's pretty surreal now.

In other news...

The Assemblies of God has a wonderful program called Speed the Light (STL) that gives cars to missionaries. We are considered missionaries even though we work here in the USA because we are on a college campus, not a church. So we had a truck from STL. They have now exchanged it with us for a 2008 Toyota Sienna van. Woohoo! I was worried about having to pack 3 carseats into my little bitty car. (Actually, not even possible--I tried it out one day.) But we will be ok now! God uses a variety of ways to provide when you are doing what He wants. When we first called about getting a van, we were told it would probably be a bit of a wait to get one. But nope! Greg picked it up today. Thanks STL and thanks Jesus...and thanks Allen, if you read this, cuz I know you pulled some strings! :)

I'm gonna go pack and cook dinner, not necessarily in that order.

4 comments:

Jessica and Chris said...

We are praying for a safe and wonderful journey. Keep us posted, I love to hear how it is all going!
Jessica Crutchfield

Kim said...

Wow! The Lord does provide for His own! He will surely go before you on this journey and I know you will follow His Spirit's leading!
So happy for you and for the children you will choose. Looking forward to hearing more as you travel, SOON!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

wow... how awesome.. Thank you Jesus! Phil and I know all about STL... we are AG too! We can't wait to follow your journey...
we are praying for you!

Missymarie44 said...

Whoo Hoo!! Only 5 more days?! I can't believe it is already here and yet it seems like forever since this whole thing has started. I love yall and I can't wait to meet the girls!

Missy