Sunday, May 25, 2008

In Frankfurt

Hey from Frankfurt, everyone. We are safely in Frankfurt, Germany. It's 10 am here, which makes it 3 am Sunday morning in Louisiana. We have a few more hours here before getting on another LONG flight and ending up in Almaty. Nicholas did not fly as well as usual on the way here. He slept for the first bit and the last bit, but whined for a good few hours in between. I didn't help much because I slept through that whole part (about 2 hours) and Greg had to deal with it alone. After I woke up, though, I managed to get Nicholas back to sleep in my lap and so all three of us got to sleep for a while. We tried to get the bulkhead row for our next flight, but no luck. The lady at the Lufthansa counter did say we have an empty seat next to us for the next flight, though, so that will be nice. We keep thinking about how hard this will be coming back with (hopefully) three kids and just all we can do is laugh.

We have now realized how different it is flying completely blind, with no picture, and what we did before where we had already seen a picture of Nicholas before we went. It's a whole different and kind of weird feeling this time. Still excited but very different than going to a specific child that we have already seen. Well, I'll go check email now! Love to you all!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

"We keep thinking about how hard this will be coming back with (hopefully) three kids and just all we can do is laugh."

Angie, I love your perspective of life. It makes me smile. :) I hope and pray that this trip is an amazing experience for you!! May God bless you beyond all you can imagine and keep you safe!

Angela said...

Sooo glad to hear that you made it to Frankfurt! Now I can't wait to hear from you in Almaty!! I hope the flight went better for you guys... yea for an open seat next to you! What a blessing that would be! I keep thinking about you guys. I woke up early Saturday morning and started praying for you. I'm just so excited and can't wait to hear how things are there. I so hope you have good internet connection so you can blog often. I'll keep checking to see if there are any new updates! We love you guys!! Can't wait to see some pics!
A&A

Amy & Phil Weinmeister said...

We can't wait to hear of all you Kaz adventures!! We're here praying for you!

Many Blessings,
Amy & Phil Weinmeister

Angela said...

Ok you two... this is my second time today to check... only to find no new news posted. Don't you know we're hanging on your every post! haahhaha!! :) Just kidding. We understand. We'll head to bed...but hope to hear something tomorrow!!

Love you guys!
A&A