Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Sad Day
















This is a non-adoption related post.

For everyone who knows me, you know I'm not overly sentimental, but I must admit I'm feeling a little blue in a happy sad sort of way today. My little baby boy had his very last day of preschool today. I can't believe he's old enough for kindergarten! (If I wasn't home schooling next year I think I'd be losing it right now) It seems like he's always been here, but in a weird way like he should still be that tiny baby I first met halfway around the world 4 1/2 years ago. He turned 5 last week. :( My baby is growing up! At the same time, the progress he has made and the bond that we have, and all of the wonderful things he says and does make me excited about him becoming the "big boy" that God designed him to be. He's such a little man sometimes. :) So I'm happy sad. I guess this is the eternal feeling of motherhood that moms around the world have felt forever...I count it all a blessing to be able to be part of this big "mom thing" that God has created. I love my son and I love adoption and I can't wait until I have more children to love...

The pictures at the top are a photo journal of my baby's life so far. Not in any order, because I have no idea how to make them move around. I'd also like them to be at the bottom, but oh, well! He's cute no matter where I put him!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Oh I know that happy/sad feeling well! And my baby is almost 12! Your son is adorable! Drew had that Buzz lightyear suit too! Cute!
Can't wait to see your new babies!

Unknown said...

I like the photos of you and Nicholas in Kaz! Those are so cool!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

loved the pictures... What an adorable little boy! Can't wait to see the newest Pampell additions!

Jessica and Chris said...

so sweet! i loved the picture with him and the puppy....i bet he is so excited to be a big brother.

jessica

Amy & Phil Weinmeister said...

Wow. SO CUTE!!!!

Sharon said...

Angie, My absolute favorite picture in the one of him laughing, sitting under the tree. I think it captures him perfectly! I can't wait to meet your girls.
Sharon

Kelli said...

Angie, he is such a beautiful (yes, I did use that word!) little boy! I can't get over how big he has gotten. I am so excited for you and Pamp to be getting more precious children to love. God has truly blessed you!